ambit n : an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"; "the ambit of municipal legislation"; "within the compass of this article"; "within the scope of an investigation"; "outside the reach of the law"; "in the political orbit of a world power" [syn: scope, range, reach, orbit, compass]
sphere or area of control and influence of something
- Portuguese: âmbito
circuit, or a boundary around a property
Ambit can refer to:
- Ambit Broadband, a producer of Cable Modem, ADSL, and IPTV products.
- Ambit Informatik, a German knowledge company.
- Ambit (magazine), a literary magazine.
- ambit is the Scope or range; a sphere of influence.
- ambit claim, an extravagant initial demand made in expectation of an eventual counter-offer and compromise.
alentours, ambience, arena, bailiwick, beat, border, borderland, borderlands, circle, circuit, circumambiencies, circumjacencies, circumstances, compass, constituency, context, cycle, demesne, department, domain, dominion, entourage, environing circumstances, environment, environs, extension, extent, field, footing, full circle, gestalt, habitat, hemisphere, judicial circuit, jurisdiction, lap, loop, march, milieu, neighborhood, orb, orbit, outposts, outskirts, pale, perimeter, periphery, precinct, precincts, province, purlieus, purview, radius, reach, realm, revolution, round, round trip, rounds, scope, situation, sphere, sphere of influence, stamping ground, suburbs, surroundings, sweep, territory, total environment, tour, turf, turn, vantage, vicinage, vicinity, walk